Friday, November 18, 2005

Today I'll be heading out to Lancaster, PA for the first soccer tournament of the year. I love these weekends away. Not only do I get to spend the weekend coaching my favorite game in the whole world, but I also get to spend time with some of the finest people I know. I have been blessed to not only have the greatest girls on my team but also the best group of parents around.

These weekends are not only about the competition and doing your best to bring home a championship, but it also gives the team a lot of time to bond and become a special group. People who are against organized sports will never understand this concept.

There is an inherent good in competition. There are life lessons to be learned from both winning and losing. Winning teaches you that you can take real pride in your accomplishment. If nobody kept score and every game ended in a tie, what incentive would you have to work hard? Losing teaches you that you need to continue to work hard, and that there is always someone out there who is willing to outwork you.

Life lessons aside, I just love spending time with my team. I still remember the pure joy I had as a teenager playing in these tournamnets, and I love to see that happiness in my players today!!

Let's Go RED DEVILS!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger D.J. Wilson said...

Good Luck Jay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home